New Topic Ideas

Phil and Senda answer your questions about RPGs from two different perspectives — with some panda silliness!
ctopher

Re: New Topic Ideas

Post by ctopher »

Hey Senda! Hey Phil!

Great podcast! If I didn't have to load iTunes I would give the 5 star. I have done this on my podcatcher.

Phil mentioned something in Chit Chat 10 that struck a cord. "I dug into my file server...blah blah blah". I have been thinking lately of this question for work and everything else I store based on O365 (OneDrive) and all the other cloud services (Box, GDrive, etc).

So, "How do you categorize and store all your digital content". As an old school gamer and old school techie, I have a dozen old hard drives, and an unknown number of USB drives where I have dropped stuff to. I probably have lost more media than collected, and still probably still can't ever find what I am looking for without re-searching for it online.

I have never heard anyone (or any podcast) dive into how they categorize this excess media. D&D vs PF vs Indy, then toss in all the assets, tokens, maps, one shots. DMs Guild vs DriveThru RPG vs Piazo vs roll20 vs all the stuff on proprietary company websites?

Thanks for considering my question,
Chris
Last edited by ctopher on Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctopher

Post by ctopher »

Just wanted to say thanks for addressing this topic, and so quick. Either it was a niche that needed a scratch or no one is helping you for ideas. And we are on the same page. I currently file the same way (thank you cloud), but also have a problem with "habits". Let me put this in my 17 "To_Sort" folders. Keep up the good work.

PS, I am up to date on the podcast, but was saving the 200th to share with my SO. Listening to almost-pre-Pandemic vs mid-Pandemic really solidified how much we had no idea what changes 2020 caused. W00T.

~Chris
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

Thanks for suggesting it.

It was one of those topic ideas that just resonated after I read it.
I can sympathize with the multiple To Sort folders. I have done that as well. :-)

There are times when I am totally focused on the present that I forget how much changed how quickly from pre-pandemic to now. I suspect there will be a time, when we look back on this and are like, "oh yea...remember when we had to stay home and couldn't see anyone?". I hope.

Return to “Panda's Talking Games”