MMP#369 – Come Aboard

Phil, Bob, and Jerry break down and get inside game mastering, playing games, and game design in an effort to entertain and inform you.
EpisodeBot

MMP#369 – Come Aboard

Post by EpisodeBot »

We’re talking about Onbaording in games this week. So we’re going to hit our One Thing about our week, some Announcements, hit the Workshop to talk about onboarding, and finish up with the Conversation Corner. Now you’ve been onboarded to the show. Enjoy. Misdirected...

Read more
Emmett

Re: MMP#369 – Come Aboard

Post by Emmett »

I've always had a hard time with designing an onboarding system because none of the groups I've played with ever used published adventures and actively avoided pregens. It was almost to the point where we were allergic to any adventure or character info that was presented. I realize I have to be a strong outlier with that view.
shades of eternity

Post by shades of eternity »

Ever since Angry talked about the Red box on how it was the perfect scaffolding of how to teach somebody how to game, I've been curious on how it could be applied to modern game design.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. :)
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

The red box is solid. There's a bunch of interesting ways to make games easier to play and get people into. I hope a number of the game designers in our circles start pushing this idea into their games. It's a pretty fascinating idea and could really make the barrier to RPGs much lower.

Return to “Misdirected Mark”