MMP#367 – EP of For the Queen

Phil, Bob, and Jerry break down and get inside game mastering, playing games, and game design in an effort to entertain and inform you.
EpisodeBot

Post by EpisodeBot »

Chris, Phil, and Bob begin their Exploratory Play series on For the Queen by Alex Roberts and Evil Hat Productions.
CSStrat

Re: MMP#367 – EP of For the Queen

Post by CSStrat »

I’ve enjoyed the exploratory play episodes.
Unlike APs, that I’m lukewarm to, I find the break down and explanations of mechanics very interesting.

Thank you!
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

Thanks. They are a bit of work to set up, but it really hits a sweet spot for me too. I like playing or running a game, and I really like taking it apart to see what makes them tick.

I think the next EP we do is going to be Cyberpunk Red.
Blake Ryan Batman

Post by Blake Ryan Batman »

I enjoyed the show and the game right up until the ending, it felt incomplete.

Like Swords without Master the game is a great tool for teaching people how to cooperatively flesh out a story.

I wonder if it would benefit from an additional set of cards going over the resolution.
1-Queen dies, defenders die, non-defenders live. Each survivor describes their brief epilogue.
2-Queen dies, defenders live, non-defenders die. Each defender describes their brief epilogue.
3-Queen lives, defenders die, non-defenders live. Each survivor describes their brief epilogue.
4-Queen lives, defenders live, non-defenders die. Each defender describes their brief epilogue.
5-Queen dies, defenders live, non-defenders live. Each survivor describes their brief epilogue.
6-Queen lives, defenders live, non-defenders live. Each survivor describes their brief epilogue.
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. Lord Alfred Tennyson - Ulysses
Regards,
Blake Ryan
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

Interesting house rule.

Return to “Misdirected Mark”