I think someone left the door open...

Introduce yourself and welcome new users!
Jon

I think someone left the door open...

Post by Jon »

So I finally did the thing and now I'm registered. I hear this is where all the cool people hang out!

You know that feeling when you haven't GMed for a while, and you really get an itch for it? That's where I'm at. I've been scratching the itch with one-shots and I ran my first games at a con earlier this year, but I'm really looking forward to running something consistently. I've been enjoying my time as a player, but I'm super excited to step back into the GM role when our current campaign wraps.

I've mostly played and run D&D, starting with some sort of 1e/2e hybrid and currently enjoying 5e. I burned out on D&D for a while after running 10 years or so of a 3/3.5e campaign, which turns out to be a good thing. Without that, I never would have found things like Burning Wheel, Dungeon World, 7th Sea, and Savage Worlds. Too many great games, too little time!

So that's a bit about me... looking forward to being here!
OldManLogan

Re: I think someone left the door open...

Post by OldManLogan »

Welcome to the party, Jon!
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

Where are you at or are you looking to play / facilitate / run online?
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

Welcome to the forums, Jon!
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thank you for the welcomes!
chrismmp wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:09 pm Where are you at or are you looking to play / facilitate / run online?
I'm from the far northwest suburbs of Chicago, just a short skip from the Wisconsin border. I've got a monthly group here where we're currently playing 5e... we're guessing that campaign will probably wrap by the end of the year, and I'm on deck to start running something after that.

I've toyed with the idea of running games online. I'll probably try and find some to play in first to get the lay of the land before tackling the technological hurdles.

Return to “Introductions”