S2E8 - Necessary Evil

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and join for weekly watch parties!
Jared Rascher

S2E8 - Necessary Evil

Post by Jared Rascher »

It's really weird how our perspectives change over time. I'm not sure why my head was where it was at when I first watched this episode, but I remember being upset that Kira, who was already openly discussing the things she wasn't proud of doing in the resistance, but believing in the cause, had committed murder against a Bajoran collaborator.

I liked the episode, but it felt like it was trying to evoke a Noir-ish detective vibe a few times, but then didn't quite commit to the bit. Maybe they were worried about doing a "bit" at the same time they were showing the Cardassian Occupation.
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: S2E8 - Necessary Evil

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

I really liked this one.

First, we got a look at Odo's origins as an investigator and how he works.

I found the ending odd, as I would have assumed that Odo would have understood Kira's feelings and would have forgiven her on the spot.

The show keeps getting better and better.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

I really liked this one.

First, we got a look at Odo's origins as an investigator and how he works.

I found the ending odd, as I would have assumed that Odo would have understood Kira's feelings and would have forgiven her on the spot.

The show keeps getting better and better.
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

I picked this episode because we get to see how Odo and Kira met, and how Odo came to be the Constable.

This episode was a Noir mystery a theme that will continue with Odo has the series goes on.

I love that we find out that Kira did kill the collaborator, once again showing just how tough Kira was during the occupation. She is a character that should never be underestimated.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Also, that Quark doesn't flinch when confronted with someone trying to kill him. No begging. No negotiating. He just stares the enemy down until he is shot.

Return to “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Watch Club”