S3E26 - The Adversary

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and join for weekly watch parties!
dnaphil

S3E26 - The Adversary

Post by dnaphil »

I selected this episode for a few reasons. One, it is the season finale for season 3. Two it shows another escalation in the Dominion conflict. Three, Odo harms another changeling. Four, it marks the promotion of Sisko to Captain.

The episode starts strong with the promotion of Sisko to Captain. The idea of making him a Commander, as if only Captains got ships, and Commanders had bases, never sat well with me. I like Sisko as a full Captain.

The rest of the episode is a changeling hunt as the changeling causes all forms of havoc on the Defiant, and nearly plunges the Federation into another war. There are a number of good twists as the changeling impersonates various crew members.

This is the great fear of the Dominion and the Founders; the damage they can do by impersonating a single person. We will see more of this as we get into Season 4.

The episode ends when Odo breaks the Founder's commandant, "No Changeling has ever harmed another Changeling." That is going to come back to haunt Odo.
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: S3E26 - The Adversary

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Nice "Who Goes There" homage.

Changelings are always terrifying. (I have some thoughts on how to use them in Eberron too)

Overall a fun episode.

And it's fun to see the Prince from Krull again....

Return to “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Watch Club”