Welcome Down with D&D's New Host!

A podcast with a focus on the brand and newest edition of the world's most popular Tabletop RPG. Now called Mastering Dungeons.
shawnmerwin

Welcome Down with D&D's New Host!

Post by shawnmerwin »

i'm very happy to join the rest of the MMP team in welcoming to the family the new co-host of Down with D&D Teos "Alphastream" Abadia. By day, a mild-mannered environmental attorney working to save the planet. By night, also a mild-mannered environmental attorney working to save the planet. But in between those times, Teos is a skilled and creative game designer, blogger, and streamer. You can find his blog here: http://alphastream.org/ and his work all around the D&D and RPG worlds. He was the driving force behind the Acquisitions Incorporated hardcover book and the Ashes of Athas 4e campaign for Dark Sun, among many other things. We're excited and lucky to have Teos on the team!
Alphastream

Re: Welcome Down with D&D's New Host!

Post by Alphastream »

Thanks so much, Shawn!

I have been a huge fan of this show. Thank you for this incredible opportunity. It is an honor to serve the greater purpose of the show and the community it has.

Listeners, as Shawn has said, we welcome your feedback in how the show should evolve. What do you most like about the show? What would you like the show to do that it doesn't currently? How would you adjust the show's ratio of what it does (news vs main topic vs interviews)?

(For the record, I am not an attorney, though I do work with environmental regulations. My background is a master in environmental management and your comment of by day and by night are too true and really made me laugh and cry.)
Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.
Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube and Twitch.
Check out my acclaimed adventures and supplements for D&D!
OldSchoolDM

XPOST Re: Welcome Down with D&D's New Host!

Post by OldSchoolDM »

[mention]Alphastream[/mention] and [mention]shawnmerwin[/mention] together again, and regularly - AT LAST!

Seriously, I'm a huge fan of both of you guys, and this is truely my personal DM Advice dream team.

I don't post often on these creaky old forums, but I'll make an exception for this!

Teos, your folksy style, dedication to the game over the years, and accepting nature really appeals to me.
Shawn, your humble approach to sharing what you bring to adventure design is something I look forward to each week.

Seriously, I predict this combination will be in contention for an Ennie next time 'round.

BTW, The latest podcast inspired a very specific trap design:

Two Magic Mouths, Hiding behind a Recessed, but Functional, False Door (Locked):

One mouth triggers when any pressure (such as listening at door) is applied to the false door, mimicking two characters quietly chatting about guarding treasure.
The other mouth is the Alarm mouth, which screams when the false door is opened, exposing both mouths on a blank wall.

Thanks again guys. I might try to make the recording stream for this Duo! What time/place do you record?

Randy Farmer/OldSchoolDM
...Papercraft terrain is my Minecraft...
Alphastream

Post by Alphastream »

Ha-ha! I love it! Now I want to endlessly plan magic mouth traps to surprise and amuse characters.

And, seriously, thank you for the kind comments!
jasonpanella

Post by jasonpanella »

First time poster, long(ish) time listener!

Seriously, Shawn and Teos is dream team for this podcast. I feel like I've mentioned this to both of you before on Twitter, but your involvement in the hobby really helped me get involved in AL (as both a player and, now, occasional creator). Thanks for doing what you do!
shawnmerwin

Post by shawnmerwin »

Thanks for the kind words, Jason. Looking forward to seeing more of your work on the Guild!
Alphastream

Post by Alphastream »

I really appreciate the kind words. This is a dream for me. We just recorded this week's podcast, and it is just so much fun working with Shawn!

Return to “Down with D&D”