DwDD – Exploring Exploration, Pt. 3

A podcast with a focus on the brand and newest edition of the world's most popular Tabletop RPG. Now called Mastering Dungeons.
EpisodeBot

DwDD – Exploring Exploration, Pt. 3

Post by EpisodeBot »

Successfully navigating their way to the last of the series focusing on exploration in Dungeons & Dragons, the gentlemen of DwDD talk about hexes… not the kind a Warlock uses, but the kind you need to negotiate! When should a DM use hex crawl? How should it be approached? Most importantly, how...

Read more
filit1982

Re: DwDD – Exploring Exploration, Pt. 3

Post by filit1982 »

I have to say I really liked this Exploration mini series. As a DM and adventure creator that's the kind of content I'm looking for: theory and practical tips like in Shawn's D&D Beyond series about adventure building.
I liked the definition of Theos, which I share, that the third pillar is everything not included in the other two, and the tips on how to make the pillar engaging for players.
It's the kind of content I'd like to see, although of course I realize that searching for sources and having to organize the authors' thoughts requires a lot of work. Thank you!
shawnmerwin

Post by shawnmerwin »

filit1982 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:46 am I have to say I really liked this Exploration mini series. As a DM and adventure creator that's the kind of content I'm looking for: theory and practical tips like in Shawn's D&D Beyond series about adventure building.
I liked the definition of Theos, which I share, that the third pillar is everything not included in the other two, and the tips on how to make the pillar engaging for players.
It's the kind of content I'd like to see, although of course I realize that searching for sources and having to organize the authors' thoughts requires a lot of work. Thank you!
Thanks for the kind words. Teos and I, if it isn't obvious, are passionate about this game and this hobby--to the point that we spend most of our waking hours (and probably some of our sleeping hours) thinking about and writing about D&D. It is a lot of work, but it's work we love to do. I hope that we can continue to talk about the things that are most important to our listeners and to D&D fans everywhere! If there is a topic you are particularly keen to hear more about, just let us know!
OldSchoolDM

Post by OldSchoolDM »

I'd like to a supercut of this all into one track, and transcribed (there are tools/services for this) and posted on a blog. This is great evergreen content worthy of deserialization.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

...Papercraft terrain is my Minecraft...
jtevans

Post by jtevans »

Great series of episodes on exploration! Very well done.

I believe it was Teos that mentioned one of the Middle Earth RPGs (there are several out there over the decades) had an overland travel approach that he liked. I was wondering which version of Middle Earth RPG he was referencing, so I can acquire the source material and see about adopting it in my D&D games.

Thanks for keeping the lights on and talking about super interesting things.
--
J.T. Evans
https://jtevans.net/
shawnmerwin

Post by shawnmerwin »

I think it's the last 5e incarnation from Cubicle 7: Adventures in Middle Earth.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/adventure ... dle-earth/

I have been unable to find a PDF copy of the rules for purchase. If anyone knows where to get that, let me know. (And please, no pirate sites.)
jtevans

Post by jtevans »

shawnmerwin wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:04 pm I think it's the last 5e incarnation from Cubicle 7: Adventures in Middle Earth.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/adventure ... dle-earth/

I have been unable to find a PDF copy of the rules for purchase. If anyone knows where to get that, let me know. (And please, no pirate sites.)
Thanks for the pointer! That was the title said, but I didn't realize it was a 5e compatible product. I think I'll see if my FLGS has a copy. I seem to recall seeing one on the shelves there.
--
J.T. Evans
https://jtevans.net/
DM DW

Post by DM DW »

Fantastic miniseries! A must-listen for any DM looking to up their game.

Return to “Down with D&D”