Looking for feedback on safety statement

Questions and advice about gaming and groups
GMCorvius

Looking for feedback on safety statement

Post by GMCorvius »

Hey y'all, I'll be starting a drop-in D&D group at a local brewery soon, and putting together the pitch & info for the game, I went looking at other gaming groups' posts for safety info. I was surprised that in the dozen or so groups I found, only one had any statement about safety at all. I've sort of styled one after theirs, but since this will be the first "public" game I've run, I want to make sure the intent of the message is clear. I'd love any feedback or suggestions you could give me on what I've got so far:
Please come to the game ready to be welcoming toward and respectful of all adventurers, regardless of class, race, gender, ability, sexual identity or age (within the 21+ rule). None of us are perfect, and anyone expressing ignorant views or bias against any person or group will be asked to apologize and move forward in a positive manner; anyone unwilling or unable to do so will be asked not to return, and their character banished to a dragon's lair.
Thanks in advance!
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: Looking for feedback on safety statement

Post by RobAbrazado »

I'm not sure of the intent behind "none of us are perfect." What are you trying to convey there?
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMCorvius

Post by GMCorvius »

It's just a segue into the next part, but maybe it's not necessary.
GMCorvius

Post by GMCorvius »

I reworded this. Hopefully it's a bit more clear.
In our game we welcome and respect all adventurers, regardless of class, race, gender, ability, sexual identity or age (within the 21+ rule). Anyone who expresses ignorant views or bias against any person or group will be asked to apologize and move forward in a positive manner; anyone unwilling or unable to do so will be asked not to return, and their character banished to a dragon's lair.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

Seems good! The copy editor in me wants to take out that last comma, but that's just nitpicky. :) Nice job putting this forward.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMCorvius

Post by GMCorvius »

Ha! Not sure how I missed that comma, I twitched just now when I read it. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Running and Playing Games”