MMP #418 – We Are One Mind

Phil, Bob, and Jerry break down and get inside game mastering, playing games, and game design in an effort to entertain and inform you.
EpisodeBot

MMP #418 – We Are One Mind

Post by EpisodeBot »

Phil, Bob, and Jerry return from winter break and continue the multipart discussion about opposition with a look at the hive mind. Enjoy, and tell us about your favorite hive mind over at The Misdirected Mark Forums. Time Stamps...

Read more
Garwalf

Re: MMP #418 – We Are One Mind

Post by Garwalf »

I want to stake my claim here as one of the five other people listening to the podcast who know what Traveller 2300/2300 AD is/was.
And one of the three who recognized the name "pentapod."
However, I did not know that the pentapods were a hive mind (though I'm not surprised).
Nor did I know that one of the other alien races--colloquially known as "bugs"--had a name that sounds like a racially insulting term in South Africa.*

But did you know that Mongoose is publishing a new edition of 2300 AD? Here's a link: https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/us/u ... m_store=uk

*Well, actually,** the two terms are not etymologically related at all, but I get why the aliens should be renamed since the name sounds so much like a truly insulting term.
**And, yes, I'm using "well, actually" in an ironic, self-deprecating way.

Return to “Misdirected Mark”