Gamma World Hack

Questions and advice about getting your games to market
Chromatic Chameleon

Gamma World Hack

Post by Chromatic Chameleon »

I am looking at doing a 5th edition hack of Gamma World meets Eberron hack because I want to nuke it with magic. It would be cool to play in a game where doing what GW does best in a different world than Earth. I can get most of the GW games if I have subscribe to Scriber or I can but them for a few hundred. Right now I want to use 1st GW as that's what I grew up with. Any suggestions for another edition?
I am who I was and I am trying so hard to be who I want to be

Tiffany/Tiff
Chromatic Chameleon

Re: Gamma World Hack

This morning not getting out of bed thoughts on the game idea

1. use the majority of 5E mechanics while taking eberron setting and turning post Apocalypse
(need 1st ed GAMMA WORLD and latest Eberron setting books)
2. Need to Mash GW mutations with 5e Magic
3.Master Eberron magic tech
4. Keep from GW: HP system as it makes the world deadlier, its discover flow charts but apply it to Eberron magic tech and khyber crystals, bring in mutations, Are the societies=to 3rd level class choices hmm think about this.

Ok setting wise I want to explore fear vs hope, isolation vs expansion, ignorance vs knowledge/wisdom darkness vs light you get the idea.

Good characters will work to make people's life better is unselfishness ways. evil to make it worse for selfish reasons. Law would be builders and chaos are destroyers. Alignments define how the character survives the world and maybe reflected in the orders found in GW.

Tiffany/Tiff
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

You got a solid list of design goals and theme's there. You can probably mechanize some of the theming by tying it to the inspiration rules.
Chromatic Chameleon

I haven't posted here because I found out there is a Gama World 5E hack all ready. So there seems to be no reason to purse this project

Tiffany/Tiff

Return to “Designing and Publishing Games”