Ironsworn Review at Gnome Stew

What's the new shiny that's caught your eye?
Jared Rascher

Ironsworn Review at Gnome Stew

Post by Jared Rascher »

https://gnomestew.com/ironsworn-review/

I reviewed Ironsworn for Gnome Stew this week. I believe I've heard some discussion around the Misdirected Mark community about this game. It's a gritty fantasy game that is derived from, but not specifically, PBTA games, and does some interesting things with rules widgets and progress bars.
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: Ironsworn Review at Gnome Stew

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Looks interesting.

I think we might be giving it a shot on Thursdays in the future. I'm looking forward to giving it a try. I love PBTA games and this sounds like a fun twist.

Glad to see your review. I was originally going to avoid this based on the cover because games that use photos for art are a real turn off for me. Never catches the feel and often looks...disconcerting.
(Same with games that try to draw "real people" into the artwork, it always looks odd. TFT did that this year and most of the art is horrible because of it).
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

I think the black and white photography, and the stark winter backdrop of most of the pictures really help to sell the setting. Trying to do something more fantastical with the live photos may have been pushing too far, but the everything they did do with the interior art worked for me, and the layout looks fantastic.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

That's good!

Return to “Promotion and Plugs”