Now shipping worldwide: “Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying"

What's the new shiny that's caught your eye?
Rolistespod

Now shipping worldwide: “Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying"

Post by Rolistespod »

Art by Bodie Hartley

I have released this week the first TTRPG I ever designed. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you MMP team. Hearing about various designers and your own publications inspired me to do this project. :heartbeat:
“The play-based GonParis Method is a simple, smart, and effective way to banish encumbrance forever. Adopt this dungeoneering strategy, and you’ll never be overloaded again.”
PURCHASE THIS GAME NOW ON ITCH.IO

“Let’s Hire a Graphic Designer” 50% sale
Purchase NOW, at a reduced price, the text-only very first edition for “Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic” and help me HIRE A GRAPHIC DESIGNER.

This text-only release is a work-in-progress but it already contains everything you need to spark joy through the SIX STEPS of the play-based GonParis Method.

The sales from this edition will go towards hiring a professional graphic designer to make more legible and visually pleasing versions of the Rule Book, the Play-Aids and Card Decks.

A Simple Effective Play-Based Method To Banish Encumbrance Forever
This game is a tongue-in-cheek tribute to encumbrance rules and other tropes found in beloved dungeon-crawling games.

It is a GM-less storytelling game for 3 to 6 players, designed to be played in a few hours with polyhedral dice and no preparation.

Players in this game embody Adventurers who, as a group called a Party, have reached the last level of a Dungeon and defeated the Boss who presided over it. Play starts as Adventurers discover Loot you create. The objects you decide your Adventurer carries home makes up what you pack as their Final Inventory.

If Adventurers hold on to possessions that spark joy, they might feel invigorated and satisfied for the rest of their existence, or at least until their next adventure. But letting go of less emotionally charged but useful Belongings might prove to be a deadly mistake for the Party on their Journey Home.
Last edited by Rolistespod on Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rolistespod

The GonParis Method Under Review

Post by Rolistespod »

If you need a little push before trying "Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying", here are two independent reviews to convince you. 

Brook H. from Pop Culture Uncovered participated to a playtest in the Summer of 2020. Brook was the first to write about his experience. 
https://popcultureuncovered.com/2020/07 ... entorying/

Fast forward to this week with the first release of the game, Pod of Blunders was today the first ever to review the content of our current text-only first edition. 
https://podofblunders.com/2021/04/02/pa ... entorying/
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: Now on Itch.io: “Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying"

Post by RobAbrazado »

That's awesome! Congrats on the release and good luck with the development! I'm excited to see what unfolds. :)
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
Rolistespod

Post by Rolistespod »

Thanks Rob :D

The text as included is already finalised. After reaching out a couple of people and getting recommendations, I finally hired Chris S Sims who worked on plenty of DnD books including Acquisition Inc, as well as the 3.5, 4 and 5e PHBs. :o

He was great to work with.

Combining some savings and the support already received on Itchio, I can afford the graphic designer to get started on the card decks and play aids.

I sent her a draft contract tonight and I can't wait to announce who she is.

:roll:
Rolistespod

Post by Rolistespod »

Thanks to the many enthusiasts who already purchased "Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying (Text-Only Edition)", we have reached our crowdfunding goal towards hiring a professional graphic designer!

Meet Our Graphic Designer!
Francita Soto is a freelance graphic designer from Chile who loves the colour pink.

She has extensive experience working on Indie Tabletop Roleplaying Games.

In addition to our project, she is currently working on "Tension: A Queer Cat and Mouse Romp", "Brinkwood: The Blood of Tyrants" and "Red Rook Revolt!"

To find out more about her work, I recommend to check her website as well as "Visual Crit Show", her podcast (in Spanish) about visuals arts and tabletop roleplaying.

Do Not Wait to Get Your Copy of the GonParis Method
An improved version is on the way BUT do not hesitate to purchase a copy of the current "Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying (Text-Only Edition)"!

As a reminder, the cost of this edition will be deducted from future purchases of the improved one designed by Francita which will feature cover art by Bodie Hartley (and probably more).

Actually, any additional purchase will help us make this new version happen sooner.

Cheers

Kalum
Rolistespod

Post by Rolistespod »

More Reviews of “Paris Gondo - The Life -Saving Magic of Inventorying”
It’s great to hear from a growing number of people who read the Text-only Edition “Paris Gondo - The Life -Saving Magic of Inventorying”.

Here a couple of them who went the extra mile and posted about their impressions.

Erik Bernhardt aka Erik the Bearik, and author of Brinkwood, made a long Twitter thread about Paris Gondo as part of his return to #ReviewJam. The thread is quite exhaustive with screenshots and even some complementary information that I replied with. If you are not a fan of Twitter, you can find Erik’s thread as a Thread Reader summary.

Next, we have a review by Sean " The Nerdd" Tasker. Sean goes through each of the six steps of the GonParis Method.

Finally, Seamus Connelly wrote an article on Cannibal Halfling Gaming that combines his views of the game with my answers to a handful of questions. Answering those questions was an opportunity for me to reflect on what shaped the game.
Rolistespod

Re: Now shipping worldwide: “Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying"

Post by Rolistespod »

My apologies for the lack of updates here. :?

The game has been available for a while digitally in its fully-illustrated edition (art by Bodie Hartley) on both Itch.io and DriveThruRPG.

…BUT the big news earlier this month is that physical copies are now on sale via The Rolistes Big Cartel store and shipping worldwide. :D

Following an exciting (but exhausting) first sale at Dragonmeet, you can now purchase physical copies of the Paris Gondo - The Life-Saving Magic of Inventorying rule book or boxset (which includes the rule book).

Introducing The Rolistes Big Cartel store
I investigated a couple of options and finally opted to create a store for The Rolistes with Big Cartel.

At this point, I prioritised the fastest and cheapest solution to bring physical copies to you.

Moving forward, I'll look into how to integrate the store to The Rolistes website itself. It would be ideal to integrate together this new store, with Itch.io, DriveThruRPG and even TeePublic. However, this will take time and resources.
You have two purchase options:

Rule Book (alone) for $12.50 + shipping
  • Manga-inspired PUR bound booklet, size B6 (125mm x 176mm). Colour dust cover with 70 pages black & white interior.
  • QR code for PDF copy (featuring links to ready-to-play Mitro board and various digital files)
Full Boxset (including rule book) for $25 + shipping
  • Manga-inspired PUR bound booklet, size B6 (125mm x 176mm). Colour dust cover with 70 pages black & white interior.
  • Adventurer Card Decks: 51 double-sided post-its sized dry-erase cards.
  • Play-aids: Double-sided dry-erase playmat (featuring a stone that reminds me of my mother), X-card, Sparked joy card, Dungeon Generator table and GonParis Classification table.
  • Various implements: dry-erase pen and a handful of sparked-joy pebbles.
  • QR code for PDF copy (featuring links to ready-to-play Mitro board and various digital files)
As a result of Brexit, there might be an additional VAT fee upon request from your local customs/tax authority. You'll be informed of these, once your order is shipped, thanks to the tracking number which I'll communicate to you via email.

Do not hesitate to email me, if you have any questions, if you'd like to order more than one or two copies or if you'd like to order the play-aids without the rule book (if you got one at Dragonmeet for instance).

Cheers

Kalum

Return to “Promotion and Plugs”