I never foresaw this being the result when I wrote that but I'm amused and endorse.Bohnhoff wrote: ↑Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:35 pm Cool! So, if we use Emmett's post as a definition of OSR, our un-PbtAed game needs to:
1. rely on rulings (rules are loose and open to interpretation)
2. rely on player cleverness (characters can't be smarter than players)
3. allow characters to get in over their heads (balance isn't important)
4. use critical successes and failures to provide the secondary consequences of success bands
5. involve an important resource management aspect
I'm discarding "Heroic, not Superheroes" because that seems more of a genre consideration than a play style.
Whatever's on your mind