Doom Patrol

Jared Rascher

Doom Patrol

Post by Jared Rascher »

I think it took me a while to start watching this show, because I wasn't a huge fan of the live action Titans show on DC Universe, but Doom Patrol is so good. It's so weird, but its 100% in keeping with some of the best Doom Patrol stories, and its "invitingly weird." Everyone is good, but Diane Guerro is so amazing as Jane.

I was really confused that they were using Cyborg in this show, and I also thought there would be too much overlap with Robotman, but using Cyborg as the "actual superhero" counterpoint to the rest of the team is a brilliant contrast. Cyborg was one of the elements that pleasantly surprised me about Justice League, and the same is true for this show as well.

I honestly think this show compares favorably with a lot of the science fiction/superhero releases on any other streaming service, but I still have a few episodes to go before I finish the season.

If you only have DC Universe for Young Justice, this is definitely worth checking out, although if you haven't picked it up from any of the promotional material, the F bombs fly pretty fash and furious in this. It's not overly graphic, but there is some animal harm (in somewhat absurd circumstances) in case that's an issue.
shades of eternity

Re: Doom Patrol

Post by shades of eternity »

This show is awesome and it's a tossup between this and legion for top spot of those "wierd shows that are still entertaining".

the gator hunting episode made me lol hard. :D
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

That was great.
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

I loved everything about Doom Patrol. I have no idea if they're ever going to make another season but this season was completely worth it. Such a solid cast and story in the wackiest possible way and I agree with you Jared, Diane Guerro is amazing as Jane. That must have been such a fun part to play but I totally dug Brendan Fraiser as Robot Man and Matt Boomer as Negative Man. I very much loved APRIL BOWLBY and her portrayal over the season of Elasti-woman and how she changed during the season, got control, and became a hero. She's probably my favorite over the course of the season.

Return to “Movies and Television”