The West Wing

UncleOok

The West Wing

Post by UncleOok »

Because it came up on tonight's broadcast...

I remember watching the show back when it started, but then I moved in with Deb, we got married, that whole thing. I recently started watching last October. I've watched it straight through twice and am on season 6 with Deb now. It won 26 Emmys, though sadly not one for Martin Sheen as President Bartlet, but including four straight Outstanding Drama Series when Sorkin was at the helm.

Season 1 has rough patches, but the Pilot nails down almost everything you need to know about these characters. Yes, there are dated and cringeworthy elements. Yes, it can be a liberal fantasy. But these are characters who, despite their flaws, want to make the world better, and, off camera, remain close friends.

I cannot recommend the series highly enough. Still on Netflix, until Warner Brothers starts their streaming service anyway.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: The West Wing

Post by RobAbrazado »

I love this show so much. I've done a complete rewatch a few times, but my latest has been alongside The West Wing Weekly podcast, which is actually getting pretty close to wrapping, itself! (They just started the last season.)
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

It's one of my favorite shows.

And the West Wing Podcast is pretty amazing too
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

I love this show. I have re-watched it twice, and want to do it again. When I watch it next, I want to do it in conjunction to listening to the Podcast.

While the first 4 seasons are my favorite, I enjoy this show throughout the series.

I wish I was more knowledgable at politics because this would have been a fun game for a Dramsystem campaign.
UncleOok

Post by UncleOok »

I'm enjoying the West Wing Weekly (one of several podcasts) but I'm starting to suspect that at least part of it has become a chapter in the epic prank war between Josh Malina and Bradley Whitford detailed in this twitter thread: https://twitter.com/nocontxtww/status/1 ... 5321462784
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

dnaphil wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 am I love this show. I have re-watched it twice, and want to do it again. When I watch it next, I want to do it in conjunction to listening to the Podcast.

While the first 4 seasons are my favorite, I enjoy this show throughout the series.
For what it's worth, I also leaned heavily toward favoring the first four seasons, the Sorkin years, but rewatching again in tandem with the podcast really upped my enjoyment of the later seasons!
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!

Return to “Movies and Television”