What are you reading?

Bohnhoff

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Bohnhoff »

Yeah, when I realized it was a dinosaur romance novel the "Chuck Tingle proximity alarm" went off in my head.

But, you know, I'd probably play a dinosaur game of Star-crossed.
OldManLogan

Post by OldManLogan »

Most of my reading is work/gaming related, however I am part way through Thin Air by Richard K. Morgan (hard sci fi, author of Altered Carbon).
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

I just picked up my copy of Algorithms to Live By back up. It's not exactly an easy read but the information is really useful.
pksullivan

Post by pksullivan »

I just got a shipment from Evil Hat of the rest of the Spirit of the Century fiction line. (Well, mostly. The distributor oopsed and sent me Monster of the Week rather than Dinocalypse Forever - the product codes are a single digit apart - but Evil Hat's sending me the right book.) I think I've found some commute reading. I really love SotC and the fiction line is 100% my jam but I only had it digitally so I haven't read most of it. Never got into long form reading on digital devices; I'm a dead tree kinda guy.

The two I have read are Khan of Mars and Sally Slick and the Steel Syndicate. Khan of Mars was the prize in a twitter contest years ago. It's actually how I met Stephen Blackmoore, the author, and now he and I were the main creative forces on Fate of Cthulhu together. Sally Slick and the Steel Syndicate I actually managed to read on my iPad as prep for my Young Centurions game a while back. Can't wait to dig into the Dinocalypse trilogy, King Khan, and The Pharoah of Hong Kong.
OldManLogan

Post by OldManLogan »

I've got that whole collection in print as well, PK. Only read the first two Dinocalypse books so far...I need to finish them all up.
Shadowwarl

Post by Shadowwarl »

If audible counts American Gods by Neil Gaiman
Last actual books was the Eisenhorn Series by Dan Abnett finished those 3 a month ago was the second time reading them.
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

I have been "reading", or listening to audio book versions. of Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon which is a pretty far out there book that's sort of about crime in the 80's but really more about culture, society, and the changing times of the 70's to the 80's.

I've also been into the Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfeld which is an Alternate history WWI story where the Axis powers have Mechs and other "Clanker" machinery and the Allies have Darwinist creatures using DNA splicing in a psudosteam punk world. It's quite good.
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

I finally caught up on my podcasts and the books I'm reviewing (because I have more notes for reviews, not because I've got any written ahead of time, alas), so I managed to finish The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin, and then started Jade City by Fonda Lee.

I'm also feeling the urge to get caught up on Star Wars novels, but the Canto Bight novella collection was a slog to get through, so I put my Star Wars books on hold for a while.
zircher

Post by zircher »

Hyper Light Drifter: The Table Top RPG playtest rules.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

After our discussion at Origins: Late Night, I brought Kushiel's Dart with me on the plane to Palm Springs last week.

It's been an interesting read so far. Well written, compelling characters (which is a must), and a plot that moves despite it taking years at a stride.

But I'm only 1/3 through it.

Return to “Books”