Why hello there

Introduce yourself and welcome new users!
KettleandClock

Why hello there

Post by KettleandClock »

Hello good people of the Mark of Misdirection.

I am Richard and I go by either he/him or they/them, I don't mind.

I have enjoyed pandas that discuss gaming for a long time but when I recently started listening to the main Misdirected Mark podcast I really enjoyed the perspective the boys were explaining things from so I explored the rest of the network and I have loved everything.

My roleplay experience has oscillated from online bb board rp on a final fantasy forum in high school to finding my brothers dnd players manual.... The one where the adventurers are extracting massive jewels from the eyes of a statue, to convincing my friends to give it a try, they didn't like it 😒

I then met a guy who exposed me to Amber, World of Darkness and Ars Magica, after which I started collecting strange Indie rpgs (I have a printed copy of Dogs in the Vineyard) and started experimenting with my own designs.

All of that went nowhere, I lost all my friends and pretty much forgot role plays until recently when a work colleague asked me if I was interested in a DnD game, at which point I researched and realized everything that has happened since I left.

Still don't have a local group that will play anything other than DnD but I'm a member of the gauntlet and run some pbp games

I look forward to meeting and discussing things with all of you and playing a bit too much Minecraft
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: Why hello there

Post by RobAbrazado »

Welcome, Richard! Great to have you here!
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: Why hello there

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Welcome Richard!

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Where are you located/what cons do you go to?

Might be fun to meetup and game.

Return to “Introductions”