*insert witty hello title here*

Introduce yourself and welcome new users!
palmedfire

*insert witty hello title here*

Post by palmedfire »

Hi there! I'm Amy, and I'm here via the Bonus EXP Cast! Though I really need to get into more of the network's podcasts. I mean, I am always looking for new fun podcasts, especially about RPGs!

Technically my first RPG was Basic D&D because my dad had the box set, though I don't think he ever played it, but it was in our basement and I started reading through it in middle school I think? Never was able to convince any of my friends to try playing :(

Then in high school I got introduced to Werewolf the Apocalypse, and quickly afterward to Vampire and Mage. Spent a wonderful year playing in a campaign that mashed the three. It worked, I'm pretty sure because our GM was willing to just handwave things, and also because none of us players were really hardcore into the lore or anything so we just... didn't poke the game in the ways that would have made things break. I still miss that game.

I don't really get to play very much any more. Online is my only real option, but my work schedule makes finding time hard. And I have trouble really investing in PbP games. I'm still trying to find something that fits though.

I'm also working on writing RPG-related stuff. THat's actually my goal for NaNoWriMo this year. Last year I wrote up something for the 200 word RPG contest that I'm thinking of expanding into a BitD hack. And I'll probably be writing RPG-related fiction.

Ack, sorry, I didn't mean to ramble so much. Any way, hi!
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: *insert witty hello title here*

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Welcome to the Forums Amy!

All of the podcasts are great, but if you are looking for some suggestions:

Pandas Talking Games is Senda and Phil tackling a topic from (often) two points of view. Plus jokes and goofiness.

She's a Supergeek: Senda and Andi do Actual Play featuring women as GMs and/or game designers. Silliness often ensues. Some really great games.

The Misdirected Mark Podcast is about gaming, game design, and gaming in general. Not only are the episodes available to listen to, but they record live every Tuesday Night at 8 pm EST (6 PM the Queen's Time). So, you can get on and chat live with the hosts and other Slackers.

There are more, but if you like BXP, those three are good places to start.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: *insert witty hello title here*

Post by RobAbrazado »

Hello, Amy, and welcome to the forums! Glad you made it out here! :)
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!

Return to “Introductions”