S7E11 Parallels

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: The Next Generation and join for weekly watch parties!
Jared Rascher

S7E11 Parallels

Post by Jared Rascher »

There were a few moments that landed harder in this one than I would have thought for an "alternate realities" episode. I liked the subtlety of how Worf was drifting to realities farther from his "home."

The look on Troi's face when Worf didn't remember their children got to me, as did Riker's greeting of Picard (Prime) after his Picard had been gone for so long. The "what if the Borg won" Enterprise was abrupt, but it made sense in the scheme of everything.

This does make me wonder how the Mirror Universe is "special." It seems to have a different "status" than just a different quantum reality, but it may just be that it happens to get visited more often than other alternate realities.

For more brain-melting . . . it seems like time travel involves traveling within the timeline of your own quantum string, or else you wouldn't change history, you would just cause a quantum fork. But there is a huge fork in the Trek canon that indicates this isn't how time travel works.
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: S7E11 Parallels

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

I really wanted to see more of the Worf/Troi romance-marriage thing. And at least one episode of "the Borg Won" timeline.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: S7E11 Parallels

Post by RobAbrazado »

Oh dang...I never previously thought about the Borg Won timeline but, yeah...now that you say that, I wouldn't mind a peek. :o
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!

Return to “Star Trek: The Next Generation Watch Club”