S6E3 Sons and Daughters

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and join for weekly watch parties!
GMGERRYMANDER

S6E3 Sons and Daughters

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Good episode.

One question. What is the significance of Alexander Locking himself in the corridor when he went to fix the plasma?
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: S6E3 Sons and Daughters

Post by RobAbrazado »

I just watched this episode with your question in mind, @GMGERRYMANDER, and I don't know how much significance I can find in it if you hadn't said anything. Since you did, though, I gather that he locked himself in by accident, so I think it was just a way to show that even though Alexander made the "heroic" decision, he was still a goof. :) If I had to assign significance to it, I would say that it makes Worf's acceptance of Alexander a little bit less clichéd. It wasn't that Alexander "became a warrior" that garnered his father's approval, in the sense that he didn't suddenly become a badass that he wasn't before. Worf accepted him despite him still being a screw-up, not because Alexander changed himself.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: S6E3 Sons and Daughters

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Phil, Bob, and I discussed this on Minecraft Mumble and Phil said basically the same thing.

Thanks!

Return to “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Watch Club”