Week 19: Episode List

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and join for weekly watch parties!
dnaphil

Week 19: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Hello and welcome to Week 19.

This week we finish all but the Season Finale for Season 6, with the Finale taking place next week.
This week we have a number of great episodes, some of my favorite for the series.

Here is a rundown of this week's episodes:

In The Pale Moonlight - While Far Beyond The Stars may be the best written and performed DS9 episode, In the Pale Moonlight is my all-time favorite episode of the series. The storytelling is great, the acting is top-notch, but for me, this is the best Garak episode, since The Wire. A treat.

His Way - We are going to be introduced to the last Minor Character of the series. He is not what you expect, but I think you will enjoy him quite a bit. Also, for you disaster romance fans there is something great for you here as well.

The Reckoning - This episode opens the door on a new threat and one that will change the shape of the series as well as raise the already high stakes.

Valiant - This is in my top five episodes of the series. It is a great Jake and Nog episode. It is hard-hitting and is what I have come to love about this series.

Profit and Lace - CW: Cross-dressing humor. Honestly, I have some reservations about this episode. It involves cross-dressing, attempting to be humorous. I don't feel qualified to say if it is offensive or not, but I was so-so on it when I re-watched it. The only reason it makes the list is that it advances the overall Ferengi plotline.

The Sound of Her Voice - This is just a well done DS9 episode. It is a bottle episode, but it hits you in the feels.

Bonuse Episodes
There is only one this week but it is one that is worth watching if you have the time.
  • Time's Orphan - This is an O'Briens episode (Miles, Keiko, and the kids). It is also a bottle episode, but a pretty good story.
dnaphil

Re: Week 19: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

dnaphil

Re: Week 19: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Return to “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Watch Club”