An Idea So Awesome It Might Be Terrible!

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Voyager and join for weekly watch parties!
Jared Rascher

An Idea So Awesome It Might Be Terrible!

Post by Jared Rascher »

Talking with @Senda about journaling games, and an idea popped into my head.

What if we supplemented this Voyager watch with a journaling game?

What if we made a character from the lower decks of Voyager, and entered a journal entry for episodes that we have watched, from the perspective of the crew member created.

Good idea? Bad idea?

What do we think?
pksullivan

Re: An Idea So Awesome It Might Be Terrible!

Post by pksullivan »

Funny thing, I'm backing a Kickstarter right now for a Star Trek inspired journaling game called Captain's Log. It runs another 11 days so it won't be ready in time but I thought it was worth sharing.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

I like this idea! It sounds pretty fun. :D I was pondering how to make it kind of a shared experience (and/or interactive?) without giving up the kind of asynchronous nature of Watch Club, and it seems to me that it if journal entries could be collected, it would make sense to organize them by episode. So that started sounding like the forum style! How does that sound? As a pitch...picture a separate "in-game" forum. The first person to make an entry for an episode could start the topic, and then future entries regarding that episode could go under that topic.

Alternatively, if we're looking for something less like a "conversation," people could keep their journals in their own blogs or wherever like a more traditional journaling game, but I still think it would be fun to collect the entries somewhere central for people to find them, and I still think the forum could be good for that, but it might take a little coordination and stuff.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

Upon some reflection, we may not even need a separate forum...we could just use this Voyager Watch Club form and mark the topics as in-game. Not sure which is easier vs. clearer.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

I might just start up a thread, and maybe if multiple people want to do it, they can react to some of the things that other people establish as "facts" in their log entries?

Return to “Star Trek: Voyager”