Week 1: Episode List

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Voyager and join for weekly watch parties!
dnaphil

Week 1: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Welcome to the Voyager Watch Party.

This week, we start our seven-season journey through Star Trek: Voyager.

A Bit of Context...
Voyager's Pilot episode Caretaker Part 1 & 2, takes place during season 3 of DS9. Specifically, by Stardate, Caretaker falls between the DS9 Episode Past Tense (S3E11 &12) (Where Sisko, Bashir, and Dax time travel to late 21st Century Earth) and Life Support (S3E13) (where Bareil dies).

To put that into context, the DS9 Crew has met the Dominion in the Gamma Quadrant, but there has not been any threat to the Alpha Quadrant yet. The Dominion War is two seasons away. Right now the biggest problem DS9 has is the Maquis, whose introduction was in the Season 2 finale.

Getting Started
Now that we have been through TNG and DS9, I don't need to set up too much for our series opening. The episode does a good job explaining what is going on, and you have more than enough context to follow.

A few things to look out for...
  • The Ship's Doctor at the start of the show was the same actor who played Roga Danar in the TNG episode The Hunted (S3E11).
  • The actor who plays Tuvok (or it could have been Tuvok) is one of the Terran Rebels in the DS9 Episode Through The Looking Glass (S3E19); you see him in the background at the Terran hideout.
  • The EMH was referenced in the DS9 Episode, Dr. Bashir, I Presume? (S5E16) where Julian is to be the template for the next EMH.
The Watch List
For this week we have the following episodes:

I don't want to talk about these first episodes since anything I say at this point would be a spoiler.

Bonus Episode
The only episode we are not watching is Episode 5, The Cloud. It is a decent episode but did not advance the main plot by much, hence it is a bonus.
dnaphil

Re: Week 1: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Return to “Star Trek: Voyager”