Week 3: Episode List

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Voyager and join for weekly watch parties!
dnaphil

Week 3: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Welcome to Season 2.

We are going to cross through this season in 2 weeks. Largely, this season is just a bit more hit than miss for me. We will watch 60% of the episodes from this season. There are not any real flops, but there is a large number of episodes that are not that memorable. Season 2, feels like the writers are figuring out what the show is going to be about. Along the way, they are going clean up a few sub-plots that have gone astray as well as try to stabilize the crew and ship a bit.

Our Watch List for this week is:

Here is a summary of the episodes for this week:

The 37's - This is a solid sci-fi episode and a good way to open the series. We get a statement about the crew at the end of the episode.

Initiations - This is a Chakotay episode, with a very familiar guest star. Overall, the episode is pretty solid, but for sure the guest start was one of the reasons it made the list.

Parturition - This episode cleans up a sub-plot which I was not a fan of, that is the weird triangle between, Nelix-Kes-Paris. The writers recognized the problem, and uses this episode to get things where they wanted it.

Cold Fire - A Kes story, where we learn more about the Ocampa.

Maneuvers - Guess who's back?

Prototype - A good Tores episode looking at artificial life.

Alliances - The crew looks at new ways to deal with the Kazon.

Bonus Episodes
There are a bunch. Too many to highlight all of them, so I picked a few.
  • Projections - A Doctor episode that includes a cameo from a TNG character (who we will see again, later in our watch list).
  • Non Sequitur - A Harry Kim episode with a twisty plot.
  • Tattoo - A Chakotay episode about his ancestors. (See last week's warning)
  • Resistance - A good episode with a bit of sad story.
dnaphil

Re: Week 3: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

dnaphil

Re: Week 3: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Return to “Star Trek: Voyager”