Week 4: Episode List

Watch along and discuss a curated selection of episodes from Star Trek: Voyager and join for weekly watch parties!
dnaphil

Week 4: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Hello,

This week we round out the last of Season 2. This has been a quick season, but this has become somewhat of a pattern for the early seasons of a Trek Show. There are some solid episodes, but the writers are still finding their voice and direction for the show.

This week, we have some solid episodes as well as a continuing meta-arc that will climax at the start of next week. I found this run of episodes pretty strong, and it was what starting to give me an idea that the show was on its way to finding its groove.

Here is our viewing list:

Here are my thoughts on the episodes...

Meld - This is a good Tuvok episode and introduces an interesting minor character, Suder. it is a bit dark and creepy.

Dreadnought - Simply put as Current B'Elanna vs. Past B'Elanna with a few million people's lives at stake. This is a strong B'Elanna episode and an Engineer-saves-the-day episode.

Death Wisth - CW: assisted suicide. I don't want to give anything away with this episode. There will be some familiar faces, and for sure you will enjoy them. I like this episode a lot, and it kicks off a story arc that will go a few more seasons into the show.

LIfesigns - CW: terminal illness, death. This is a great Doctor episode and a hint of what the writers are going to do with the Doctor. In the B-plot, Paris is getting into trouble.

Investigations - Big news shakes the crew, discoveries are made, and a twist! Really, I don't want to give anything away on this one. It's a good episode. Trivia (source: Wikipedia): The then-Prince Abdullah, now King Abdullah II of Jordan, a fan of the show, appears as a non-speaking character. He is glimpsed in the first few minutes - in the cold opening - playing an unnamed science officer standing before Ensign Harry Kim during the apparent tail-end of a conversation just before Neelix arrives to speak with Kim.

Deadlock - This is some good straight-up science-fiction. I think that Voyager's place in Star Trek is to have really good one-episode science-fiction episodes. This is one of them. Cool premise and solution.

Tuvix - I love this episode. Ethical Star Trek. There is a transporter accident... You will have feels about this episode when it's done. It is an episode that cements for me why Janeway is one of the toughest captains out there.

Bonus Episodes
We have a few here are my thoughts on them.
  • Innocence - A Tuvok episode. Sold episode with a good story. Watch it if you have the time.
  • The Thaw - CW: clowns. This is a scary/mind-trip episode. Personally, I did not like this one. I am not a fan of this kind of story.
dnaphil

Re: Week 4: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

dnaphil

Re: Week 4: Episode List

Post by dnaphil »

Return to “Star Trek: Voyager”