Into The Breach

Emmett

Into The Breach

Post by Emmett »

This is a cool turn based strategy game with mechs of different types. I think Chris mentioned it on the podcast a while back. I've been wanting to play for a long time, I'm a big fan of FTL and mechs so natural fit.

Play is crunchy and I love it. It really takes some thought to be successful. It's like each turn is a puzzle to solve. Sometimes they're easy puzzles, sometimes not.

The story isn't lacking, nor is it in your face. You have to defend the cities you're in or the power grid that your mechs rely on will fail. They also score you on how many people you save (by preventing buildings from being destroyed).

There are alternate mech teams that you can unlock with achievements. So far they're more challenging than the main group in my opinion. My son and I won on normal the first night so maybe that's a good thing.
chrismmp

Re: Into The Breach

Post by chrismmp »

I do enjoy this game when I’m looking to play a strategy game for around 20 minutes.
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

Still playing this great game. I'm trying to get the last team of mechs which means I need every last coin you can get.

Something that's a little counter intuitive is the more expensive the mech teams are, the less easy to play they are.
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

Finished Into The Breach last night and got the secret squad. The hardest achievements were not powering a modification for three islands, and destroying the time pods. Well that was fun.
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

That’s impressive. Well done.
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

Thanks!

Return to “Video Games”