Game Discovery

Whatever's on your mind
Chromatic Chameleon

Game Discovery

Post by Chromatic Chameleon »

Today I used my game to get over some stress. The game went great but in the mist of it I discovered something. Many times we talk about IP we want made into a game. A popular answer is the Mist Born Series. Today I discovered it already exist. Here is the link https://www.crafty-games.com/product-ca ... ture-game/

Do you have any game discoveries?
I am who I was and I am trying so hard to be who I want to be

Tiffany/Tiff
GMGERRYMANDER

Re: Game Discovery

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Apparently, there was a Pirates of Darkwater RPG, but I've never been able to find it.

When I first heard about Tales from Equestria, I assumed, never having seen the modern cartoon, that it was a goofy, barely-there RPG for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Then I played it and saw that they made a decent game out of it. (And it got me to watch the show, which is better than I expected.)

The old Pokemon Jr. RPG is simple, but more fun than it looks and it shows some interesting attempts at getting young kids to roleplay.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

In fact I just learned today that apparently there was a little RPG included in one of the printed collections of the Oglaf comic! (A NSFW sexy webcomic.) I gotta decide how much energy and money I wanna put into getting a copy, but I found the idea charming. :D
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
chrismmp

Post by chrismmp »

I love Slayers and found there was a BESM version of it. It was fun to read but it wasn’t my cup of tea unfortunately.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

[mention]RobAbrazado[/mention]

I have that game. It's...less of a RPG and more of a Framework adventure. But it would be easy to emulate with an Indie Game.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

GMGERRYMANDER wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:32 am I have that game. It's...less of a RPG and more of a Framework adventure. But it would be easy to emulate with an Indie Game.
Haha, nice!
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

It's basically a silly module about Lovecraftian Horror, Sex, Tropes, and Partying.

There are no real stats, and the 4 pregens are just fun descriptors.

Would be fun to do with something like Dungeon World or ONE Engine. (Or any game with simple descriptions of characters)

Return to “General Discussion”