Fez

Emmett

Fez

Post by Emmett »

This is a game I wanted to play for a long time. I heard about it in development way back and thought It sounded amazing. I finally got to play.

The game is at it's core, a fairly standard collect 'em game. It has the fun concept of a 2d game world in which you're given the ability to turn yourself in a third dimension. There are essentially 4 boards for every room you enter (5 if you include the game+ version that unlocks after winning the 32 block version).

This game is deep. I don't have time to figure out a language of blocks or much less understand the tetris metaphors going on. Suffice to say, there are a large number of puzzles that I just looked up. Even as such, it's still a fun game. There were some jump and die challenges but only two that I wanted to gnaw my own leg off to be done with.

What I really love about this game is that there's a lot of world building that went into it. Not all of it is even revealed completely which I kind of love even more. For a platformer it's very artsy and the designer really poured his heart into the game.

Sadly I can't say I really played this game because I cheated so much to even see half of it. I did enjoy the experience of the game though.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Re: Fez

Post by RobAbrazado »

That sounds cool! Is the game out to the public yet, or still in dev?
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
Emmett

Post by Emmett »

I'm super late coming to it. It was released in 2012! That's even older than I thought. You can find it on Steam still. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fez_(video_game)
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

Cool, thanks! I'll take a look. :)
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!

Return to “Video Games”