Forgotten Realms' Obelisk

Miscellaneous tabletop topics
Chromatic Chameleon

Forgotten Realms' Obelisk

Post by Chromatic Chameleon »

Hey there everyone

On a recent episode of Mastering Dungeons they mention that Obelisks exist all over 5th edition DnD can someone give me the different campaigns they are in. They might be something cool for my DnD campaign if it goes high level. Thanks in advance.

Tiff
I am who I was and I am trying so hard to be who I want to be

Tiffany/Tiff
Alphastream

Re: Forgotten Realms' Obelisk

Post by Alphastream »

Hi Tiff!

That is a fun bit of lore. It is hard to know for sure which should count and which do not. ToA and Dungeon of the Mad Mage are mentioned in the sidebar of Y21 in Rime, so we know that those two are for sure part of this.

Tomb of Annihilation has one just outside the Tomb of the Nine Gods in Chapter 5.

Dungeon of the Mad Mage has the Obelisk of the Eye on level 1, and then Level 22 has one in Shadowdusk Hold.

Descent Into Avernus has one in Chapter 3, though I don't think it is actually one of them. The sidebar in Rime explaining their purpose would be contrary to one being in Avernus, though it has similarities to the Netherese city in Rime. So, up to you.

Out of the Abyss, in Chapter 4 Gracklstugh, in the Whorlstone Tunnels. This one seems to match the concepts in Rime.

Curse of Strahd has some megaliths near the Bonegrinder, but they seem different. Plus, it's Barovia, which doesn't match Rime's concept.

Princes of the Apocalypse has a set of 3 granite obelisks and alter a single glistening black one in Chapter 4, though they seem unrelated.

Storm King's Thunder has Nightstone, which used to stand in the village. It fits the description.

Wildemount has a alien obelisk made of dark reflective metal in Eiselcross. It fits the feel (and perhaps an author wrote it in for that reason), but doesn't match the concept in Rime.

There may be others. Those are the ones I've heard about. There are a lot of menhirs, monoliths, obelisks, and the like across D&D adventures, so you can certainly expand the list fairly easily.
Learn more about Dungeons & Dragons tabletop at Alphastream.org.
Learn about Neverwinter and the Lore of D&D on YouTube and Twitch.
Check out my acclaimed adventures and supplements for D&D!
Chromatic Chameleon

Re: Forgotten Realms' Obelisk

Post by Chromatic Chameleon »

Thank you so much for this list there is a lot there to work with.
I am who I was and I am trying so hard to be who I want to be

Tiffany/Tiff

Return to “Other Tabletop Discussion”