Week 2 Journal Entries

Delta Quadrant Logs - Journaling game for our Voyager watch through. To play with us, set up your character info here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1 ... rmResponse
Senda

Week 2 Journal Entries

Post by Senda »

Here's the place for your week two journal entries!
As before, please let us know the name of the character and the episode you're writing about so that folks can avoid spoilers.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Senda

Re: Week 2 Journal Entries

Post by Senda »

Ensign Lexoya Seagin | Ep. 10 - State of Flux

Got pulled into the captain’s office this morning. Chakotay and Tuvok were also there; they were asking all sorts of questions about if there had been any off ship communications during a test we ran in engineering last week. It was very intimidating. I was sensing high anxiety from all three of them. They were asking about Carey’s station in particular.

I have to admit, I broke the rule. Just a little bit. The tension was so high, and I couldn’t figure out why I was there. I took a quick peek into Chakotay’s surface thoughts. I don’t know if it’s better or worse that he’s given me permission before and I didn’t ask this time — pretty rude of me — and they were asking because someone STOLE something and gave it to the KAZON. Why would anyone do that?? And it’s someone on the engineering team. They’re interviewing everyone. I don’t understand why anyone would give anything away. We’re out here for the long haul. We have to make sure we’re going to be able continue to provide for this crew for up to SEVENTY FIVE YEARS and someone is giving away our technology--maybe even a replicator! Neelix’s food is generally much better, although sometimes it’s made out of some pretty strange things, and not always to my taste. Then it’s back to dry rations. I wasn’t a fan of the roots we picked up on the planet that seems to have started this whole thing.

There are a lot of suspicions floating around but most people don’t realize that this is what they’re investigating. I’m not going to say anything since it would obviously make people start turning each other, especially with the Maquis and Starfleet finally really starting to get along. We’re going to be together for a long time — it’s not worth it to bring these bad feelings left as everyone’s starting to relax. I’ve been able to let my shields soften a little as the mental atmosphere has cleared up down in engineering. I don’t want it to go back to how it was initially.
AndiFox

Post by AndiFox »

Ensign Zetra Vahino--Episode 10: Prime Factors

Voyager was invited to the planet of Sikaria, a super hospitable place with lots of friendly people. The Captain let most of us have shore leave for the first time on this mission. “Mission.” “Death sentence.” “Whatever.” The Sikarians are … really friendly. ;) I personally made friends with four or five of them. It was nice to forget about everything even if just for a few hours. I wish I could tell the group about this. Etho would love to hear about the busty brunette’s special fixation on my head ridges. After a few minutes T’Rinno would get up from the table in disgust only to come back in 20 minutes with incredibly specific questions about the Sikarians’ mating rituals. Her curiosity often got the better of her dislike of talking about sex. I’m not that close with anyone on board, so I’m hesitant to share my conquest stories. I don’t need another nickname like I had at the Academy.

There was some weird engineering stuff going on when we tried to leave Sikaria. I don’t know the exact details, but I thought the ship was going to get torn apart. Rumor has it that the Sikarians had some technology that would’ve gotten us home in half the time, but they wouldn’t share it. On the one hand, I get it. On the other hand, I don’t want to be stuck out here for 75 years. I probably would’ve tried to acquire the tech through any means necessary if I had known it existed. It sucks being a low ranking officer sometimes.
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

Personal Log: Ensign Talum

Stardate: Post Emanations

I've been down ever since I realized I missed my chance to communicate with Ekon. I've been so focused on missing that opportunity, I can't sort out if I really had anything real with Ekon. I don't know if I ever had anything in my life but momentum.

I knew I wasn't like anyone on Risa, so I ran from it. And I never stopped running. Maybe I stopped running in the Delta Quadrant, and that's leaving me to realize that maybe there is nothing to me other than not being what I was raised to be.

Hearing people in the mess hall talking about the afterlife and what they believe or don't believe isn't actually helping much. Are we just desperate to find out if anything matters beyond where we are? I'm inclined to say now.

It wasn't until I started processing the after-action scientific reports that I realized this entire situation was based on subspace vacuoles transmitting matter over a relatively short area of space on a predictable schedule.

My data analysis is going to be breaking this data apart, in case something about this predictable subspace vacuole emanations can be applied to wormholes to establish stable wormhole eruptions. It's a big leap from here to there, but I can see why we want to do a workup on the potential applications of what we have learned.

I should be fascinated by this, but the only thing I keep coming back to is the grim joke that we all almost died because the universe kept dumping dead bodies near our warp core. It's hard to not believe that either the divine hates us, or the entire universe is absurd.
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

Stardate: After Prime Factors

I don't know if I just started to notice it, or if people are starting to reach out from their own bubbles. I've had Jenny and Megan Delany and Samantha Wildman have all stopped by my station, attempting to strike up a conversation. What what I understand, there is a running joke that Engineering knows each other better than the Sciences, so we need to all pull together.

I'm still pretty standoffish. I feel bad, but when it comes to discussing personal matters and actually engaging on non-work-related discourse, I just feel the energy drain out of my body. I don't dislike any of them, I just can't.

Remember back when I said either the divine hates us or the universe is absurd? It seems like we have run into a planet that is painfully reminiscent of Risa. For months, no one has mentioned where I am from, and suddenly, once all of the comparisons are being made, people have started to notice that I'm Risian. If there is something I can do to appease the vengeful divine, give me a clue, I'll do it. I just want some peace and quiet.

Everyone loves this Sikaris planet. There is a bolian pilot that I haven't met yet, but wow, they have been really popular with several people on this planet. I'm exhausted just watching all of the interactions.

Eventually one of the Sikarians decides to strike up a conversation. I'm dreading this. Her name is Kadis. She seems like she is . . . offering herself to me, and I let out a deep sigh. She misinterprets this, and asks if I'm interested in someone else, perhaps someone that shows other sexual characteristics.

This may be the first time I've said this out like to anyone besides Ekon, but I finally blurt out that I'm not really interested in sex. Not just, "not now," but not ever. Once that floodgate opened, I told her that this place reminds me of home. I tell her that Risians are obsessed with serving others, and helping others to find physical and spiritual enlightenment through the pursuit of pleasurable activities, and I never fit in, because I just can't feel that without establishing a LOT of connections to someone.

To my surprise, Kadis relaxes a lot after I break down. She tells me that while she isn't like me, she also isn't as open to reciprocity when presented with relationships. She is exhausted by Sikaris norms, but she feels like she can "align" with their norms more often than I could with Risa. Even at that, she is the closest person to someone that understand me that I've met.

Ekon always wanted to understand, and it never mattered to me that he never fully had a frame of reference, because I wanted to know what was important to him, and his dreams. But it was nice having a friend, someone to be vulnerable with.

We talked for so long, and eventually I started discussing how much I love to process scientific data. How I love seeing the numbers behind the science, and asking the "what if" questions. How I like being detached just enough to see where something smaller is connected to something bigger. And the more I talked to her, the more I started to remember who I was.

After two days of talking to Kadis about her relationships, and her studies of the weather patterns of the planet, and the comparative studies she has done of other planets that the Sikarians have observed, I was looking forward to talking to her again.

Unfortunately, we were banned from the planet. Kadis never told me that those other planets that she had studied might be up to 40,000 light-years away from Sikaris, and that they possessed the technology to warp space for instantaneous travel between distant world without utilizing starships. I don't think she was lying to me, but I do think she was unsure of how much she could share.

I was very sad at how fast relations seemed to break down. I did send Kadis a private message, letter her know how much I appreciated the time that we spent, and how I hope she can continue her studies of diverse ecosystems.

Apparently someone in Engineering was involved with stealing the space folding technology from the planet below. Engineering attempted to implement this technology while we were still in orbit, because the space folding technology would only work in opposition to the reflected particles from the planet's core.

Obviously, we aren't home, and this didn't work. None of us were privy to exactly who got in trouble for what, but it's a small ship.

The next time Megan Delany said hello as she passed my workstation, I smiled and said, "if we try to be more like Engineering, does that me we get a turn trying to blow the ship up too?"

She laughed, and I feel so much better.
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

Stardate: Post State of Flux

This is going to be a short entry.

I never really worked with Seska, but I had seen her in the hallways.

This is the first time I've felt like the politics surrounding the Maquis have really affected us. We had a Cardassian spy on our ship, waiting to spring some kind of trap. Was that whole "whoops, we almost blew up the ship" moment in orbit around Sikaria really some kind of plot?

Do we have any other Cardassians on the crew? Do they have a good reason to pull a fast one on all of us?

I don't feel hostile about this, I'm just kind of fascinated that we've been out here for months, and haven't realized this was waiting to happen. This could be an interesting 75 years.

Also, I feel a little bad about joking about Engineering blowing up the ship. But it was funny at the time.
Senda

Post by Senda »

Ensign Lexoya Seagin - State of Flux

Got pulled into the captain’s office this morning. Chakotay and Tuvok were also there; they were asking all sorts of questions about if there had been any off ship communications during a test we ran in engineering last week. It was highly intimidating. I was sensing high anxiety from all three of them. They were asking about Carey’s station.

I have to admit, I broke the rule. Just a little bit. The tension was so high, and I couldn’t figure out why I was there. I took a quick peek into Chakotay’s surface thoughts. I don’t know if it’s better or worse that he’s given me permission before and I didn’t ask this time — pretty rude of me — and they were asking because someone STOLE a REPLICATOR and gave it to the KAZON. Why would anyone do that?? And it’s someone on the engineering team. They’re interviewing everyone. I don’t understand why anyone would give anything like that away. We’re out here for the long haul. We have to make sure we’re going to be able continue to provide for this crew for up to SEVENTY FIVE YEARS and someone is giving away replicators! Neelix’s food is generally much better, although sometimes it’s made out of some pretty strange things, and not always to my taste. Then it’s back to dry rations. I wasn’t a fan of the roots we picked up on the planet that seems to have started this whole thing.

There are a lot of suspicions floating around but most people don’t realize that this is what they’re investigating. I’m not going to say anything since it would obviously make people start turning each other, especially with the Maquis and Starfleet finally really starting to get along. We’re going to be together for a long time — it’s not worth it to bring these bad feelings left as everyone’s starting to relax. I’ve been able to let my shields soften a little as the mental atmosphere has cleared up down in engineering. I don’t want it to go back to how it was initially.

I left this log alone for some time, because I didn't know how to end it. To summarize — Seska is gone. I don’t know how I never picked up on her. They must have put some impressive mental shields on her. I find myself feeling — lost. Adrift. If I can’t rely on my senses to tell me who to trust and who not to, how do I navigate life? I am considering the oral quandary of doing further reading on all of my compatriots in engineering. If I were to fid someone else, would I report them? I guess it depends.

I can’t believe I didn’t catch on to her. We fought side by side under Chakotay.

Return to “Delta Quadrant Personal Logs”