Week 5 Journal Entries

Delta Quadrant Logs - Journaling game for our Voyager watch through. To play with us, set up your character info here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1 ... rmResponse
AndiFox

Week 5 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Post your name and the episode so folks can avoid spoilers. :)
AndiFox

Re: Week 5 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Ensign Z Vahino
After S3E1 The Basics, Part 2

Tom (Censored) Paris. It's not enough that he took a promotion away from someone who has never gone to prison, he gets to do everything. Anytime there's something interesting while I'm on shift, the Captain calls senior officers to the bridge and I get bumped. Why bother having any other conn officers if Tom Paris is around? He gets to fly in the most interesting places. He gets to pilot the shuttlecraft. He gets trusted to go on away missions. Because of all that, he gets to be the hero. It's situational heroism.

There's so much maintenance needed on the shuttlecrafts. Basically all I do is help build or rebuild shuttles and calibrate their navigational array. But honestly I'd rather do that for the next 74 years than get put off the ship again. The Kazon suck. Cardassian traitors suck more. But being on a weird planet without survival gear sucks the most. I'm a 24th century Bolian. I barely remember anything from Academy survival training. Luckily, the Captain is way better at survival. So is Tuvok and the Commander. I felt vulnerable and like I couldn't contribute anything. Following orders is a contribution, I guess.

Paris wasn't the only one who took back Voyager, but he played a big part. I keep thinking that I could do anything he does, probably better. I know I don't know that for sure. It's just easier to take out my frustrations on Paris. He's just a pilot rival, a social rival, and a romantic rival--not the source of the frustrations.

(Censored) We really need a counselor on this ship.

Return to “Delta Quadrant Personal Logs”