Week 6 Journal Entries

Delta Quadrant Logs - Journaling game for our Voyager watch through. To play with us, set up your character info here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1 ... rmResponse
AndiFox

Week 6 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Mark with name and episode please.
AndiFox

Re: Week 6 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Ensign Z Vahino
Stardate: S3 E8-9 Future's End

Dear Qedar,
I know it's a little silly to be dictating a letter to you as you probably will never receive it, but I'm getting bored talking to myself in my own log. I'm getting bored talking to everyone on this ship. I'm just kind of bored all around. But something happened recently that really got me thinking. Voyager was thrown back in time to Earth in the 20th century. Now I took Earth history at the Academy, and I passed (C's get degrees) so obviously I know something... ok, honestly, very little about this time period. I overheard the Commander talking about a conversation he and the head engineer had about what they would do if we got stuck there. Our head engineer is partly Klingon. She would have a harder time than the Commander who is human.

But what about us who don't have human skin-tones? What would we have done? I understand we're a minority on the ship. We're not even represented in the senior officers. Perhaps our Doctor would be able to change us to fit in. But that brings a whole set of other issues. A lost sense of identity for example. Not to mention all the strange assumptions humans made about each other on the basis of how they looked at this time in their history. I would have to choose a human gender and suffer the social consequences. No thanks. I suppose that era would still need pilots. Or we could've created a small community somewhere non-detectable. Self-destructed Voyager. No technology. Died off slowly. We would have managed.

I do my best to be cheerful and positive. Oh, we're back in the right time by the way. So the chances of us meeting again are roughly the same as they were last week. I want to believe we'll see each other again, even if we're both very old. It's just harder and harder to hope. I wonder if it would be better to settle on a planet somewhere instead of spending decades on this spaceship. But if we're to maintain any likelihood of getting back, I guess we have to keep going. It's like our old flying instructor used to say: "Pay attention to where you're going or you'll end up somewhere else."

I hope you're doing well. I bet your new marriage twinkle is wearing off a little. It happens. Just don't do anything stupid. I want to hear how happy you've been while I've been gone when we meet again. ... If we meet again.

-Your loving cousin Z

Return to “Delta Quadrant Personal Logs”