Voyager Year One Interlude (The Mess Hall Meetup)

Delta Quadrant Logs - Journaling game for our Voyager watch through. To play with us, set up your character info here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1 ... rmResponse
Jared Rascher

Voyager Year One Interlude (The Mess Hall Meetup)

Post by Jared Rascher »

This thread is for a scene for characters to meet up and flesh out their knowledge of all of the "Lower Decks" characters.

The Location: The Voyager Mess Hall

Stardate: Post-Tuvix

The lights are low in the mess hall. No one is currently on duty, and not even Neelix can be found. The stars outside are especially bright in the shadows cast across half the mess hall, and there is a lingering, earthy, spicy smell left in the hall from a recent meal.
Jared Rascher

Re: Voyager Year One Interlude (The Mess Hall Meetup)

Post by Jared Rascher »

The doors slide open. Ensign Talum enters the mess hall. Talum is average height for most of the humanoids in the Alpha Quadrant. He has light brown skin, dark brown hair, amber eyes, and the circular golden disk affixed marks him as a Risian.

Talum is wearing his standard uniform, but the front fasteners are hanging open. His eyes are distant as he walks to the replicator on the wall. He punches in the code to release one of his rations.

"Risian spice tea, warm."

Talum walks to the corner, deep in shadow. He sips the tea slowly, staring out at the stars streaking by.
AndiFox

Post by AndiFox »

A cerulean blue Bolian with navy blue bands on their head that cross the ridge that runs down their face walks in. Their command red uniform is a bit mussed. They grab a piece of fruit off the counter and take a big bite. Spotting Talum, they make their way over to his table, pull out a chair, turn it around, and sit.

"It's Talum, right?" Not waiting for Talum to answer, they continue, "Vahino. Call me Z. From a scientific viewpoint, would tachyon radiation affect the organic contents of a duranium escape pod flying through a class J planet's upper atmosphere?"
Senda

Post by Senda »

From the other side of the room, two dark centerless betazoid eyes flick up at the question before a woman in engineering yellow turns back to the data pad on the table in front of her, taking another sip from her drink. Fortunately, whatever is in the mug is just as good cold as it is hot, because it's long ceased to steam. Her brown hair is up but a bit frazzled. On the table is an empty plate with the picked at remains of something Neelix made earlier.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

AndiFox wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:14 am A cerulean blue Bolian with navy blue bands on their head that cross the ridge that runs down their face walks in. Their command red uniform is a bit mussed. They grab a piece of fruit off the counter and take a big bite. Spotting Talum, they make their way over to his table, pull out a chair, turn it around, and sit.

"It's Talum, right?" Not waiting for Talum to answer, they continue, "Vahino. Call me Z. From a scientific viewpoint, would tachyon radiation affect the organic contents of a duranium escape pod flying through a class J planet's upper atmosphere?"
Talum is initially a little surprised at the voice, as he was so intent on the stars outside the window, but the scientific question immediately snaps him into 'job mode.'

"I mean, inherently tachyons are an intrusive particle versus almost anything, but that's going to vary a lot if you have a partially charged hull, plus the particle density of the upper atmosphere, and the effect of the local star on the ionosphere of the planet . . . "

Talum pulls out a PADD from his pocket and starts to illustrate the layers of the hypothetical planet's atmosphere, and adding in particle animations to the picture.
Jared Rascher

Post by Jared Rascher »

Senda wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:29 am From the other side of the room, two dark centerless betazoid eyes flick up at the question before a woman in engineering yellow turns back to the data pad on the table in front of her, taking another sip from her drink. Fortunately, whatever is in the mug is just as good cold as it is hot, because it's long ceased to steam. Her brown hair is up but a bit frazzled. On the table is an empty plate with the picked at remains of something Neelix made earlier.
Talum looks up from his PADD for a moment to think, as if the answer to one of his mathematic problems is hanging in the air, directly opposite his PADD on the ceiling. As he looks up, he sees Seagan across the mess hall.

"Um, excuse me . . . I've seen you in engineering before. If you are interested, I would love to see your thoughts on this. I've been accused of assuming things can't be done because I understand the science behind a challenge, but not the scope of the tools available to counter a challenge. A . . . friend used to call me on it all the time. Would you care to troubleshoot the model that I'm building here?"
AndiFox

Post by AndiFox »

Z takes another bite out of the fruit and looks over to the Betazoid. "I got a bet of a week's worth of replicator rations on the line. I'll take all the help I can get."

Return to “Delta Quadrant Personal Logs”