Week 7 Journal Entries

Delta Quadrant Logs - Journaling game for our Voyager watch through. To play with us, set up your character info here: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1 ... rmResponse
AndiFox

Week 7 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Name & episode name to avoid spoilers
AndiFox

Re: Week 7 Journal Entries

Post by AndiFox »

Ensign Z Vahino
Stardate: Worse Case Scenario

Z Vahino's Personal Log:
I've been playing a new holonovel called "Insurrection Alpha" which is based on our very own Voyager. In the novel Commander Chakotay approaches you about joining a mutiny against Captain Janeway. Normally this wouldn't be my type of thing. Too close to home. I like my holonovels more action-oriented. Heists. Starship chases. Explosions. Blaster fire. I do like the morally gray nature of being this security officer from StarFleet contemplating joining the Maquis in mutiny. I've tried both joining the Commander and refusing the Commander. It's a little weird to fire on shipmates and to see what someone else thinks we'd do. I haven't had the weirdness of meeting myself in the novel yet. I'm not 100% sure I was included which is insulting. I guess it's more important to figure out what the key players would be doing, but I would think anyone who went to this much trouble to create an authentic-feeling holonovel like this would be more thorough. At one point I did get to punch Lt. Paris in the face which was cathartic. No one watches these things, right? I'm not going to get in trouble for saying that am I?

I wondered about using people I know in making my own holo-tainment. On the one hand I'd like to go on adventures with my friends from back home. On the other hand I don't want to fool myself into thinking I know what's going on with them or to keep them stagnant the way I remember them. But I do have an idea for a new holonovel. A low-level con officer in a galaxy-exploring multi-planet confederate has to save a ship from alien sabotage. Maybe a grateful alien princess from a planet also beset by the first aliens...? It's not self-indulgent if others can enjoy it too, right?

Return to “Delta Quadrant Personal Logs”