New Topic Ideas

Phil and Senda answer your questions about RPGs from two different perspectives — with some panda silliness!
ABomb

Re: New Topic Ideas

Post by ABomb »

Dear Phil and Senda,

To start off I have not missed an episode. And if I did, I went back to catch it, so I did not miss it. :-) I have a topic question/idea for you. Since we are in the month of May there is a very special day coming up for us gamers. The birth of one, you know it and say it with me "LEEEERRRROOOYY JANKINS!!!". (May 11th, 2005). yes this makes him 17 now. Time flies.
Anyhow to the topic have for you. Ever had someone pull a Leroy Jenkins, Run off and do something different then the party, during one of your games? How would you handle this as a GM and a Player?
Keep up the great podcast and I will keep up on every episode. Thank you again!!!!

A loyal panda follower:

Aaron "Abomb"
dnaphil

Post by dnaphil »

I do have a story for this and we can talk about the pitfalls of "goin' Leroy". I will add it to the topic pile.
Malefic7m

Post by Malefic7m »

I just wanted to suggest some topics, maninly because I love hearing your sparkling chemestry, and would hear you talk about anything. (Well, considering the outtakes I've listened to, I might even be right in my assumption!) :D

As you play and/or enjoy Pasiones de la Pasiones, Cartel, etc, I wondered if you cared to talk about the pros and cons, do's and dont's of CvV or PvP? (Character Vs Character, populary calledPlayer Vs Player/PvP".) I understand that Phil won't touch "Betrayal" in his games, but PvP doesn't include or have to include betrayal. Also, there's two modes, it's the PvP where you manouver against eachother, openly and trying to avoid meta-knowledge or not, or the "I'm just helping you reach your tragic end if you help me reach mine."

Another theme I'd like you to talk about. (and I'm just suggesting while having a headache, so I vagelue remember you talking about this already), is "how to play an (extended) family? We're setting up a Copperhead County game, where we decided to play "Blood". What are benefits of playing close relatives? What are cons or special challenges? Is there narrative challenges as well as obvious benefits like

A third suggestion is that you talk about how players can help support narrative, theme, tone and even use story-telling devices as foreshadowing, symbolism, hamartia, etc, in conjunction with the GM and other players. (I.e. Reincorporate!)

Love your show,

Kind regards, Michael Esperum
Garwalf

Post by Garwalf »

So, I have a question/topic as a player:
What is the pandas' advice on ways for players to integrate themselves into an existing group and campaign? A good friend has invited me to join her campaign*. I have played with the group a couple of times and they have been very friendly and welcoming. Even so, the group of players and of characters already has their own dynamic and I am concerned I may have difficulty fitting in as a player and/or as a character. What can my friend and I do to help me join this group as smoothly as possible for all concerned?

*FWIW, the campaign is Masks of Nyalarthotep for Call of Cthulhu.

Return to “Panda's Talking Games”