DwDD – Icewind Dale, Pt. 14

A podcast with a focus on the brand and newest edition of the world's most popular Tabletop RPG. Now called Mastering Dungeons.
EpisodeBot

DwDD – Icewind Dale, Pt. 14

Post by EpisodeBot »

This week, the Dungeon Master Duo keeps Tasha’s discussion to a minimum, breaking down the options for the Bard, and head back out into the cold, discussing some more of the strange and interesting encounters; including a shocking twist when the party is asked to deal with the leader of some Goblins!...

Read more
Jean Lorber

Re: DwDD – Icewind Dale, Pt. 14

Post by Jean Lorber »

Another great episode of design analysis! The discussion of bardic features resonated with me particularly--I've never had any interest in deep, tactical crunch. I'd love it if the game's design and energy was more focused on enabling better storytelling and supporting all 3 pillars. I'm moving towards other rpgs for that very reason. Anyway, all your discussion is making me a better designer, no matter the system. Thanks!
shawnmerwin

Re: DwDD – Icewind Dale, Pt. 14

Post by shawnmerwin »

Thanks Jean! I'm always trying to look at the game of D&D both as its own discrete thing, as well as its place within all of the games on the RPG scene. And I too am always looking at or thinking about other games and what they do in terms of being both games and narrative-creation machines. Thanks for listening and for the wonderful feedback!

Return to “Down with D&D”