What are you reading?

Senda

What are you reading?

Post by Senda »

I am currently rereading David Edding's Elenium....backwards. I'm on the Ruby Knight. XD
What are you reading?
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Emmett

Re: What are you reading?

Post by Emmett »

Mostly nonfiction, been reading Universal Principals of Design and The Art of Game Design.

I was reading The Epic of Gilgamesh recently (not nonfiction).

I need to pick up a good Sci-fi novel. I don't think I could work through a whole series like The Expanse.
RobAbrazado
Site Admin

Post by RobAbrazado »

Haha, I feel like I don't read anything anymore except for RPG books. :lol: However, the recent news of an RPG coming out based on Jemisin's Broken Earth series has me itching to pick that up again! I think the last non-RPG thing I read was something from the Ann Leckie Ancillary books? Musta been a while ago, though. They were so good I didn't feel like picking up anything else for a while, and I guess I just lost momentum.
Need help with the Forums? Hit up the Questions and Feedback board!
Support Misdirected Mark Productions on Patreon!
Ang

Post by Ang »

I'm kind of ashamed. I haven't read anything other than game books in a very long time. I got a few graphic novels for Christmas, but only made it through Hawkeye's and Gwen Stacy's before getting distracted.

What I have been doing is testing the waters of audio books. I've been listening to 'Devil in the White City'. I started listening because I thought it was mostly about HH Holmes, but it's actually just as much, if not more, about the men behind the design of the Chicago World's Fair in 1893. It's been pretty fascinating so far.

I need to figure out more free books on audible or something... :)
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

Mostly gamebooks.

I just finished "Please Don't Tell My Parents I'm a Super-villain". Which was a fun book.

I just started "The Last Wish" which is one of the Witcher Books. (It was given to me because I disliked (hated) the Witcher Video Game. Mostly becasue of the main character and what an ass everyone was. It was explained to me that the novels explain why.) After reading a bit of it, it's a fun read and I can see what the makers of the video game were trying to emulate. (And why they failed. They went edgy as opposed to deep and tortured.)

And I am starting another Dresden Book.
UncleOok

Post by UncleOok »

the last book I read was a re-read of "Good Omens" in anticipation of the series. I've been toying with a re-read of the Dresden Files for when "Peace Talks" comes out, and we need to get another copy of "The Wee Free Men" because I want to re-read the Tiffany Aching books and finally tackle "Shepherd's Crown", which has been haunting me from our bookcase.
pksullivan

Post by pksullivan »

For my Star Wars reading, it's mostly lots of comics. I've been hate-reading Doctor Aphra. Wish I could like that series but the creators love what I hate about it (i.e., Aphra is a complete trash fire of a terrible human who never learns how to be better). I'm about halfway through Alphabet Squadron. There's a pile of shame of novels from the last year or so that I'll burn through once I break my Diablo 3 addiction. (The current season ends on the 18th, so I'll have a good stopping point.)

Outside of that, last year or the year before I read Flotsam by RJ Theodore and the sequel is due out early September. I'm very much looking forward to that. It's a steampunk/fantasy setting on a broken world. The plot of Flotsam dealt with first contact with an alien species and all the wild political shenanigans around that. Great characters and a fascinating world.
Chromatic Chameleon

Post by Chromatic Chameleon »

Just finished Jade War. Which I really liked. I have my eye on the non fiction work 1176BC Collapse. It tells the story of an ancient dark ages which is a great time for an rpg.
I am who I was and I am trying so hard to be who I want to be

Tiffany/Tiff
Bohnhoff

Post by Bohnhoff »

I'm intentionally forcing myself to read some non-RPG books.

I just finished "Raptor Red".

It's a romance novel about a widow who is torn between her love for a younger man and her loyalty to her disapproving sister.

It happens to take place in the Cretaceous and all the characters are raptors.

The author isn't the best writer but it was fun and, you know, dinosaur romance is kind of cool.
GMGERRYMANDER

Post by GMGERRYMANDER »

That sounds dangerously close to a Chuck Tingle plotline.

Which of course means it sounds awesome.

Glad it was fun.

(Come to think of it, Dinosaur Romance and Tough Emotional Choices sounds like the sort of game this group would design.)

Return to “Books”